Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where is the Line?

I cut out half of my heart and half of yours.
We went down the street,
sold it,
bought an eightball.

I pawned your voice, I sheared my hair.
They threw in a little extra.
It was worth the few lines.

All night long,
happily, I enjoyed the spoils
but as it ran low
I ran lower,
Sunk deeper.

You mouthed, “Wanna go get more?”
“Uh-Huh.”
I left.
Found it.
“I’d like it, but I haven’t much to offer..”I
I began to tell them.
“An ear, some change…”

Their eyes drifted over my body.

Then
Finally,

“If you suck my dick…”
“Eww. You’re gross,”

I came home.
“What happened, baby?” you asked.
“He said to suck his… I didn’t. I didn’t get any.”

You raised a brow. ”We got morals, you know…”
“I know” I said.
You wrote on my breasts with your pretty fingers.
I kissed you.
We cuddled.
Couldn’t sleep
For days.

No comments: