Wednesday, February 20, 2008

War

there was a war.

it began in my mind,
the words of my mother
“a lady is only a lady if she is chaste”
the battle cry.

i
am
a
lady.

i know i’m supposed to
wait
hold out
cherish
forbid
pray
keep

my knees
tight.

there was a war.

it continued on my body.
the words of you,
my lover.
“you’re beautiful.
you’re mine…”

yours?
beautiful?

as you grazed my lips with yours
a battle was lost.
lady slipped,
retreated
as you
planted kisses into
my neck, breast, belly.

“wait, wait. i can’t… i ummm… shouldn’t…”

lady gains ground.
you send in reinforcments.
“i love you. i want to be inside you..”
love? me?
so it continues.

i cannot
resist
the taste of your
skin
sweat

you
are deep.

saltysweetsmooth.

i cannot
resist
the sound of your breathing

cannot fight
this war waged on
my mind
consumed
by you who
with each
stroke,
blow
conquer me
whole.
as you offer up your
soul…

a cigarette burns in darkness.
red glowing.

Aftermath.

No comments: