Wednesday, March 13, 2019

This isn’t a love poem

This isn’t a love poem but
me trying to find a way to love you right to
give back how good you give it to me
Try and find the words between
the body and mind, say,
create words that touch you
like my lips, yours
like my ass, your hands
like my inner thighs, your hips

This isn’t a love poem but
me trying to feel you despite distance
reach for you
by the memory of
your sounds as your warmth spills inside me
the heat of your neck I soak in with my lips
your eyes’ shine as you watch me turn with you inside me

This isn’t a love poem but
it is this, a tasting
so you know
how the whole of you
is loved,
how each crease of every finger
how each line of the palms
how each strand of stubble
every sigh and giggle of you
fully completely wholly.

how silly of me (to say I write yet)
be so unable
to find the words
to tell you precisely

this lusting of the heart.

No comments: