Sunday, November 23, 2008



thank you

i'm prone to squeeze
the very last drop of my malignant mind.
to bleed every limb dry,
every mutable muscle
wrenched, dripping out
thoroughly
deepening in burgundy
dark pools, white tiled floors
watching myself diminish.

then you came;
all you said was,

"i want you to be happy"

as you held my hands in yours,
pressing the flesh of palms
to your lips.

i am on my knees now.
praying to
find you

seeping your childhood into mine
how we grew the same
how we taste the same

how your skin's seas crash into me
breaking upon rocks,
trickling into streams
water on arid land.

how we wrote our childhood voices in silence
and grew between walls of words unsaid.

i wished for you once
when i was young.

the stars mistook my wish.
why have you come so late?

dedicated to:
권 태모

No comments: